1) New Features
Read more about all of the high-level features in our release blog post.
2) Notable Bug Fixes and Improvements
The following list highlights some important bug fixes relevant to the users of Auterion 1.1.
- Fixes high CPU load on Pixhawk 4
- Resolves wrong battery voltage readings on Pixhawk 4
- Fixes video stream crash on mode switch
- Fixes rare case where vehicle could flip on auto takeoff
- Handles firmware upgrade failures in OTA update
- Fixes problems with new revisions of LidarLite distance sensor module
- Improves auto takeoff from AGS
- Resolves initialization of estimator on inclined terrain
- Additionally, Auterion 1.1 includes all bug-fixes of PX4 1.9
3) Technology Preview
This section highlights features that are included in Auterion 1.1 but are not enabled by default.
- Obstacle Avoidance on the IF750A Platform
- Pairing Manager
- Nvidia TX2 support
4) Deprecated Functionality
- Auterion 1.1 defaults to smooth multicopter Position Control (MPC_POS_MODE = 3). The old default mode can still be selected via parameter but is not officially supported.
5) Known Issues
A list of known flight control issues can be found on Github here.
6) Component Versions
This section provides an overview of the included core components and their versions in Auterion 1.1.
|Auterion Ground Station||0.0.104|
This section provides an overview of the tested target hardware platforms for Auterion 1.1, including supported companion computer and flight controller combinations. Support for other combinations is available upon request.
|Companion Computer||Flight Controller||Platform|
|Intel NUC||Pixhawk 4||IF750A Quadcopter|
|BeagleBoard PocketBeagle||Pixhawk 4||Generic Multicopter, Generic Quadplane VTOL, Generic Fixed Wing|
|BeagleBoard PocketBeagle||Cube||Generic Multicopter, Quadplane VTOL|
|Raspberry Pi 3||Cube||Generic Multicopter|
|Intel UP Core||Pixracer||Generic Multicopter|
Note: Obstacle Avoidance is only available on the Intel NUC and UpCore Companion Computer.
8) Flight Testing Coverage
This section provides an overview of flight test coverage.
|Test Name||Result and Notes|
|Auterion Distribution Cloud Connectivity||pass|
|UAV readiness time||pass|
|RC/GS Check Safety Modes||pass|
|Take Off / Landing / Hover||pass|
|Mission (Waypoint, Corridor, Survey, Structure scan)||pass|
|Gimbal movements and picture capturing||pass|